Cultural History Tour
- Projectile Points- Triangle December 16, 2017
- CART Lab Holiday Schedule and Winter Weather Protocol December 14, 2017
- CART Biweekly December 8, 2017
- Colchester and Fairfax 275th December 6, 2017
- Lead Shot December 1, 2017
- Archaeology and Fairfax’s 275th November 29, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving November 24, 2017
- CART Bi-Weekly Update November 18, 2017
- Pattern Molded Bottle Glass November 10, 2017
- CART Biweekly Update November 3, 2017
New Volunteer Orientation
Friday, January 27
Saturday, February 11
More Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Holidays
Author Archives: cartarchaeology
by Robin Ramey – CART Assistant Lab Director As the name suggests, triangle projectile points are characterized by their, well, triangular shape. Unlike the point types discussed in previous posts (see Another Local Projectile Point: Morrow Mountain, Projectile Points- Contracting … Continue reading
Holidays The office, field and lab are closed on observed county holidays. The lab will be closed Fri Dec 22nd – Tues Dec 26th. Note that the field schedule may be different. Please write the field at email@example.com for information on the field schedule. Winter … Continue reading
For information on volunteering or to sign up for a New Volunteer Orientation, check out our “Help Us” page. Have questions? Contact us.
As part of Fairfax County’s 275th Anniversary celebration, the contributions of archaeology are being recognized. Click here or on the image below to see a short video about the historic Town of Colchester along the Occoquan River.
by Avery Jones – CART Archaeological Technician While picking through our water screened soil samples from Feature 5, we have found a great deal of lead shot. Had we not taken the extra time to bag and process the sediment … Continue reading
As part of Fairfax County’s 275th Anniversary celebration, the contributions of archaeology are being recognized. Click here or on the image below to see a short video about the 2015 discovery of a Civil War era corduroy road.
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Stay tuned in a week for a new blog post and biweekly the week after that. -CART