The lab is closed to volunteers today.
A reminder and repost: The Archaeology Team prefers everyone live long full happy lives, so in any weather event, please stay off the roads if there is any question of safety regardless of the following protocol.
Winter and the Archaeology Lab:
The Park Authority follows Fairfax County Government closures.
- If Fairfax County Government is closed: the office and archaeology lab will be closed & any fieldwork suspended.
- If Fairfax County Government opens late or closes early: the office and archaeology lab will be closed & any fieldwork suspended at the announced time of day.
Additionally the lab may close under the following conditions:
- If Fairfax County Schools open late or are closed: It is possible lab and field volunteering may begin late or be suspended. Please check with us via email when we will be open before coming to volunteer.
- If Fairfax County Government Employees have the option of “liberal leave”: It is possible lab and field volunteering will be suspended. Please check with us via email when we will be open before coming to volunteer.
There are several websites with pertinent information
- The Fairfax County Emergency Information Blog
- The Fairfax County Park Authority Website
- WTOP List of Closings and Delays
- Capital Weather Gang
Please note Fairfax County Park Authority weather procedure. Park facilities may still be open and classes still scheduled even when the CART lab is closed.