In Case of Severe Weather
With freezing rain on the immediate horizon, we want to remind you to stay warm and safe. (This is a repeat of part of a previous post).
Even our indoor temperatures can be unpredictable. If you are in the lab, please wear warm layers. You may want your coat, hats, scarves just in case. If you will be joining our field crew, please wear clothing appropriate for the weather and contact them at email@example.com for additional suggestions about outdoor gear.
The Archaeology Team prefers everyone live long full happy lives, so in any weather event, please stay off the roads if there is any question of safety regardless of the following protocol.
Fairfax County’s new weather procedure applies to us. As a general rule:
- If Fairfax County Government or Schools are closed: the archaeology lab will be closed & any fieldwork suspended.
- If Fairfax County Government or Schools open late: the archaeology lab will either open late or be closed & field work most likely suspended. Please check with us via email when we will open before coming to volunteer.
- If Fairfax County Government or Schools close early: the lab will close & fieldwork will be suspended at the announced time of day. Please email before coming to volunteer.
- If Fairfax County Government Employees have the option of “liberal leave”: Please wait until you are contacted by us before leaving your home. We will let you know if we are able to make it to the lab or field. We will contact you either by email or by posting notice on this website as soon as we are able.
There are several websites with pertinent information
- The Fairfax County Emergency Information Blog
- The Fairfax County Park Authority Website
- The Washington Post List of Area Closings