Dr. Bernard Means of the Virginia Commonwealth University, Virtual Curation Laboratory recently 3-d scanned and animated a cupric spigot recovered from excavations at Colchester. The spigot was found on the Morris Pound lot in the historic town. Pound was a vintner. Though relatively common on eighteenth century sites, the context offers the possibility that the spigot was used in the wine-making process.
Cultural History Tour
- Lithic Flakes January 19, 2019
- CART Biweekly January 11, 2019
- Raise a Glass to the New Year! January 4, 2019
- Biweekly Update December 21, 2018
- Bottle Finishes December 15, 2018
- Biweekly Update December 7, 2018
- North American Gray Stoneware December 1, 2018
- Straight Pins November 29, 2018
- CART Biweekly November 16, 2018
- Getting Artifacts Clean in the CART lab November 9, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays