Dr. Bernard Means of the Virginia Commonwealth University, Virtual Curation Laboratory recently 3-d scanned and animated a cupric spigot recovered from excavations at Colchester. The spigot was found on the Morris Pound lot in the historic town. Pound was a vintner. Though relatively common on eighteenth century sites, the context offers the possibility that the spigot was used in the wine-making process.
Cultural History Tour
- Townsend/Rappahannock Ware Type Prehistoric Ceramics August 9, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update August 4, 2018
- Metal Buttons and Shanks July 31, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update July 24, 2018
- Bifurcated Projectile Points July 17, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update July 10, 2018
- Happy 4th of July June 29, 2018
- Artifact Type Collections June 18, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update June 9, 2018
- In Review: Some of our Blog Post Links June 1, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays