Dr. Bernard Means of the Virginia Commonwealth University, Virtual Curation Laboratory recently 3-d scanned and animated a cupric spigot recovered from excavations at Colchester. The spigot was found on the Morris Pound lot in the historic town. Pound was a vintner. Though relatively common on eighteenth century sites, the context offers the possibility that the spigot was used in the wine-making process.
Cultural History Tour
- Fairfax County Government Closed, March 21 March 21, 2018
- Manganese-Mottled March 10, 2018
- Passing Another Milestone March 9, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update March 6, 2018
- Just a Reminder – Weather and the Lab March 2, 2018
- The Shape of a Point February 24, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 17, 2018
- Gunston Hall Archaeology Symposium February 15, 2018
- “Cauliflower” Ware February 9, 2018
- Come Say Hi… February 3, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays