CART has created a Cultural History Tour of the Old Colchester Park and Preserve. This interactive story map is based on historic and archaeological data recovered during investigations on the park. You can click on map numbers to see a related image and information about what we have learned about various topics. To see the full image without the text, you can click on the small down arrow in the upper left hand corner of the text box. Point 6 on the tour takes you to “Virtual Colchester” our data-driven interactive 3-D representation of Colchester ca. 1780 (Requires Internet Explorer 11 or most recent versions of Firefox, Chrome, or Safari to be fully enjoyed). This map represents years of work by CART in the field, lab, and working with a host of GIS applications. It is truly a team effort. Enjoy!
Cultural History Tour
- Manganese-Mottled March 10, 2018
- Passing Another Milestone March 9, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update March 6, 2018
- Just a Reminder – Weather and the Lab March 2, 2018
- The Shape of a Point February 24, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 17, 2018
- Gunston Hall Archaeology Symposium February 15, 2018
- “Cauliflower” Ware February 9, 2018
- Come Say Hi… February 3, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 2, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays