CART has created a Cultural History Tour of the Old Colchester Park and Preserve. This interactive story map is based on historic and archaeological data recovered during investigations on the park. You can click on map numbers to see a related image and information about what we have learned about various topics. To see the full image without the text, you can click on the small down arrow in the upper left hand corner of the text box. Point 6 on the tour takes you to “Virtual Colchester” our data-driven interactive 3-D representation of Colchester ca. 1780 (Requires Internet Explorer 11 or most recent versions of Firefox, Chrome, or Safari to be fully enjoyed). This map represents years of work by CART in the field, lab, and working with a host of GIS applications. It is truly a team effort. Enjoy!
Cultural History Tour
- North American Gray Stoneware December 1, 2018
- Straight Pins November 29, 2018
- Getting Artifacts Clean in the CART lab November 9, 2018
- Virginia Archaeology Month November 1, 2018
- Virginia Archaeology Month – Corduroy Roads October 30, 2018
- Virginia Archaeology Month October 29, 2018
- Virginia Archaeology Month Day 28. October 28, 2018
- Virginia Archaeology Month Day 27. October 27, 2018
- More Virginia Archaeology Month October 26, 2018
- Day 25 of Virginia Archaeology Month October 25, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays