After about a month of careful excavation and usually more questions than answers, Kayla has just finished a unit in the area above the large black stain (Feature 92). This feature contains many oysters shells, burnt wood, and smoking pipes, and with the soil being processed through water-screen mesh we will recover any smaller artifacts. We still do not understand the purpose of the feature or the full extent of the deposit, but hopefully our motto will apply…”the answer is always in the next test unit”.
Cultural History Tour
- Manganese-Mottled March 10, 2018
- Passing Another Milestone March 9, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update March 6, 2018
- Just a Reminder – Weather and the Lab March 2, 2018
- The Shape of a Point February 24, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 17, 2018
- Gunston Hall Archaeology Symposium February 15, 2018
- “Cauliflower” Ware February 9, 2018
- Come Say Hi… February 3, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 2, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays