So as we are finishing up excavations at 44FX0704, we must backfill the units to preserve them for future generation of archaeologists. Archaeologist Chris Sperling is backfilling the large block of units that exposed and defined Feature 82, the large black stain with lots of bone and some beads, discussed in other blog posts. We only excavated half of the feature, so the rest will be saved for future excavations and possibly new testing methodology.
Cultural History Tour
- Manganese-Mottled March 10, 2018
- Passing Another Milestone March 9, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update March 6, 2018
- Just a Reminder – Weather and the Lab March 2, 2018
- The Shape of a Point February 24, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 17, 2018
- Gunston Hall Archaeology Symposium February 15, 2018
- “Cauliflower” Ware February 9, 2018
- Come Say Hi… February 3, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 2, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays