Finally 44FX0704 has dried out enough for Megan and Chris to expose more of Feature 82 on a cold winter day. This darker soil area is the area which has yielded lots of bone, ceramic, beads and the smoking pipe bowl with the “TD” makers mark. After careful mapping and documentation more excavation will continue next week (weather pending!!).
Cultural History Tour
- In 3D March 23, 2018
- Fairfax County Government Closed, March 21 March 21, 2018
- CART Biweekly March 16, 2018
- Manganese-Mottled March 10, 2018
- Passing Another Milestone March 9, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update March 6, 2018
- Just a Reminder – Weather and the Lab March 2, 2018
- The Shape of a Point February 24, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 17, 2018
- Gunston Hall Archaeology Symposium February 15, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays