Kathleen Deagan, Distinguished Research Curator Emerita, Lockwood Professor of Florida and Caribbean Archaeology, University of Florida, has written a really good column about archaeology vs. treasure hunting. An undercurrent is how archaeologists need to be better at PR, assertiveness, and educating the public. The article can be found HERE. It was written in response to pieces published earlier in the same source. The two articles she is addressing can be found HERE and HERE.
Cultural History Tour
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 17, 2018
- Gunston Hall Archaeology Symposium February 15, 2018
- “Cauliflower” Ware February 9, 2018
- Come Say Hi… February 3, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 2, 2018
- Dr. Crowell, Archaeology and Collections Branch Manager January 30, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update January 20, 2018
- Nottingham Stoneware January 12, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update January 9, 2018
- Projectile Points: Triangle -part II December 29, 2017
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays