There are a few new blogs out there that will be really interesting to follow. The first highlights new research in to the material culture recovered from excavations of Mount Vernon’s Midden. This deposit dates from the Lawrence to early-George Washington periods. The second blog, Transitions in Virginia Slavery, follows work being done by Dr. Barbara Heath and her team from the University of Tennessee on Slave quarters in the Virginia Piedmont. This site was brought to our attention by our Facebook friends, Mount Vernon’s Mystery Midden. New media helping us better understand the past. Enjoy!
Cultural History Tour
- Artifact Type Collections June 18, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update June 9, 2018
- In Review: Some of our Blog Post Links June 1, 2018
- Tips to Avoid Ticks! May 22, 2018
- Whatever Floats your Artifacts May 18, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update May 18, 2018
- Wrought Nails May 4, 2018
- CART Biweekly April 27, 2018
- “Whieldon Ware” April 20, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update April 17, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays