There are a few new blogs out there that will be really interesting to follow. The first highlights new research in to the material culture recovered from excavations of Mount Vernon’s Midden. This deposit dates from the Lawrence to early-George Washington periods. The second blog, Transitions in Virginia Slavery, follows work being done by Dr. Barbara Heath and her team from the University of Tennessee on Slave quarters in the Virginia Piedmont. This site was brought to our attention by our Facebook friends, Mount Vernon’s Mystery Midden. New media helping us better understand the past. Enjoy!
Cultural History Tour
- Fairfax County Government Closed, March 21 March 21, 2018
- Manganese-Mottled March 10, 2018
- Passing Another Milestone March 9, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update March 6, 2018
- Just a Reminder – Weather and the Lab March 2, 2018
- The Shape of a Point February 24, 2018
- CART Bi-Weekly Update February 17, 2018
- Gunston Hall Archaeology Symposium February 15, 2018
- “Cauliflower” Ware February 9, 2018
- Come Say Hi… February 3, 2018
Field and Lab work!
Closed on Upcoming Federal Holidays